I don’t know that I have ever made any kind of list of new year’s resolutions. But, I am kind of inspired to make set some goals. Here is what I have so far (not in any particular order).
1. Create a body of work that will hang well together. Six pieces total.
2. Draw every day (even if it’s just 5 minutes)
3. Find friends to draw with
4. Draw from life as much as possible
5. Challenge yourself to draw subjects you find difficult
6. Read more about other artists
7. Walk 2 miles at least twice a week
8. Write about your art in a critical way, do your own critiques–maybe on a monthly basis.
9. Give a piece of art away to a friend–maybe 4 times a year (or more)